Tuesday, March 23, 2010

MEDICAL CAMP IN VILLAGE

Hi all,
Been to a village about 50 km from my place for creating awareness among school going children regarding Childhood Anaemia and how debilitating it could be to growing children . Although schools are a microcosm of the larger society and since teachers alone cannot edify the minds of the pupils ,volunteers can certainly make significant contributions ..Being a stickler for nutrition and cleanliness , I was able to relate to kids in simple words using visual means to educate them about the importance of nutrients in food we consume and sanitary measures to be followed.. ..if it's true that a country's backbone is the villages in it , then it sounds sensible that we try to educate them in this aspect..This is the work which we wish to do with compassion. I feel that my country has given me lots selflessly, in terms of culture and heritage..It's now high time to pay back my Mother India, little by little ..I am not a politician, I cannot create any revolution or pass any resolution..but I can sow a seed here and there in the hope that one day it grows to a big tree…














3 comments:

  1. congratulations Dr. Jey....u did a very good job indeed...pl. keep up the good job..small kids are our future...hence...bravo...your seva work must be acknowledge by the Taluka development officer and local school officials...again, pl. accept my heart fulL congratulations for the job well done.

    Bhanu Raval, Chicago, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job....very well done...Dr. Jey...the local health care workers & teachers should help u in your efforts to treat kids...KIDS are our future..so pl. keep up the good job...thanks.

    SANAT RAVAL. DISTRICT MAGISTRATE. ( RTD. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great news Dr. Keep it up - Dr S Ashokan -Mobile: 97104 20345

    ReplyDelete